Implant Supported Dentures
- If you have loose dentures, your ability to eat and speak may become affected. Due to advances in dentistry, there is now a procedure whereby your denture can be fixed to your jaw with dental implants.
- This treatment, known as implant overdentures or denture stabilisation, offers patients with dentures a more permanent solution and can improve quality of life significantly.
- You will be able to enjoy your favourite foods again and feel comfortable smiling, safe in the knowledge that your dentures are staying put.
Using an implant supported denture to replace multiple teeth has the advantages of:
- Chewing function is improved – the denture is much more stable – reduced risk of digestive problems
- No more concerns about embarrassing situations when a conventional denture may drop – improved self confidence
- Better support for facial tissues – giving a more ‘youthful’ appearance
- No need for unpleasant denture adhesives or pastes
- The denture can be removed to ease cleaning around the implant
What are Implant secured dentures?
Dentures can be uncomfortable, irritating and embarrassing. Many people struggle to chew comfortably and even say that their self-confidence has been undermined by wearing a denture. With advances in implant dentistry, we now have many innovative techniques for denture stabilisation.
From the cost-effective use of mini-implants to stabilise an existing denture, to the complete replacement of a denture anchored with fixed implants, dental implants can transform your comfort, self-esteem and self-confidence.
How does Implant supported denture work?
The implants are titanium screws placed into the jaw, to replace original roots. Depending on the treatment, you may need between 4 and 8 implants to secure each denture in place. It’s a straightforward process which can be completed under local anesthetic. The implants will need three to six months to heal and bond with your jaw bone to provide a solid support for your replacement tooth.
Temporary replacement teeth are usually fitted at the same time as your implant placement, which will stay in place until the final restoration appointment.
Once your jaw has healed, an abutment will be fixed to the implant to hold your denture in place. Abutments are produced in titanium, gold or porcelain, and can come as a standard fit or crafted specifically for you. These options offer a range of aesthetics results, depending on your requirements.
Dentures are then fitted on top, to replace your missing teeth. Your dentist will carefully match the colour of your crown to your natural teeth.
Have been with this dental practice for many years and i am always happy with the treatment i receive. I am a nervous patient but everyone there takes time to explain what is happening and I finally have a dentist i can trust. Definitely recommend to family and friends.
Fantastic service! I took my autistic son to them today they couldnt of been more caring , made us both feel very welcome and calm. It was the first time my son ever had an x-ray. The lady spoke calmly to him all through it and the dentist was also a lovely lady. My son came out of there full of smiles telling me they are really nice. He wants to keep going here which makes me as his mum happy.I totally trust this dentist they are the best dentist we have been to 🙂
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Saldkhar for repair to a chipped tooth. Both Dr. Saldkhar and her dental assistant were extremely professional and thorough in their work. I am extremely happy with the final result. All staff at the practice are extremely knowledgeable and friendly in their respective roles. I am more than happy to provide referrals in future should anyone require a holistic dental practitioners.