How Dental Implants Work
Health Benefits Of Dental Implants:
- In addition to their many aesthetic advantages, Dental implants allow for the replacement of one or multiple teeth without affecting the adjacent teeth.
- Additionally, implants can support a bridge and eliminate the need for removable partial dentures.
- Finally, dental implants can help preserve the integrity of your mouth and face by supporting gum, cheeks, lips and jawbone structure.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants take the place of missing teeth. These replacements are comprised of three parts:
- Crown: The tooth-like part of the implant, usually made of ceramic material, designed to look like a natural tooth.
- Connector: Sometimes called an “abutment,” the connector is used to secure the tooth-like crown of the implant to its base, and is often hexagonal or octagonal in shape.
- Base: A titanium screw that fuses with natural bone to provide a safe, stable base.
Firstly, the implant (the part that replaces the root), is placed into your jaw bone.
Over the next 3 months, the implant and the bone are allowed to bond together to form an anchor for your new tooth. During those 3 months, you can have a temporary tooth replacement option (such as a temporary bridge or denture) that can be worn over the implant site.
Occasionally, a second step of the procedure is necessary to uncover the implant and attach a healing cap. This temporary healing cap completes the foundation on which your new tooth will be placed.
Finally, a replacement tooth called “crown” is created for you by your dentist and attached to a small metal or ceramic post, called “abutment”.
The tooth is then attached to the post in the implant. This is the point where it will feel like a new natural tooth, achieving the look and chewing capacity you were hoping for.
- Improved Appearance
- Confidence Boost
- Comfortable Chewing
- Worry-Free Eating
- Natural Appearance
Have been with this dental practice for many years and i am always happy with the treatment i receive. I am a nervous patient but everyone there takes time to explain what is happening and I finally have a dentist i can trust. Definitely recommend to family and friends.
Fantastic service! I took my autistic son to them today they couldnt of been more caring , made us both feel very welcome and calm. It was the first time my son ever had an x-ray. The lady spoke calmly to him all through it and the dentist was also a lovely lady. My son came out of there full of smiles telling me they are really nice. He wants to keep going here which makes me as his mum happy.I totally trust this dentist they are the best dentist we have been to 🙂
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Saldkhar for repair to a chipped tooth. Both Dr. Saldkhar and her dental assistant were extremely professional and thorough in their work. I am extremely happy with the final result. All staff at the practice are extremely knowledgeable and friendly in their respective roles. I am more than happy to provide referrals in future should anyone require a holistic dental practitioners.